Be Careful What You Wish For-the Ups and Downs of a Brick and Mortar Shop

Funny Get Well Cards: Feel Better, Get Well Soon by printerettepressYou Should Be Quarentined Get Well Card by HeartsgGrowFonder, More Medication Please by aYadesigns, Get Well Soon Your Replacement Is Getting Tired by ableandgame

It is sad to say that the thing that is compelling me toward my keyboard, beckoning me to publish detailed rantings of the beauty of success and the ugliness of defeat, is that I am almost completely incapacitated by a VICIOUS FLU BUG that is going around.  I am basically incapable of doing ANYTHING productive.  In between fading in and out of consciousness and taking mass quantities of Day Quill, I had the brilliant idea that today might be good time to catch up on my computer work.  You may be thinking that publishing one's private thoughts while being in a weak, sleepy, and highly medicated condition is not the smartest thing in the world...and in this I believe you would probably be correct.  Then again, that is what I do best, going ahead with half-baked ideas full bore, regardless of the wisdom in doing so.  Ha ha ha.

The Gallery...Ain't it Perdy?!?!?!?
Okay, so pretty much what has taken up most of my time lately (and has kept me far, FAR AWAY from my poor little blog) is the fact that I have been doing A LOT of work at the gallery downtown where my jewelry is on display, MAINE JEWELRY AND ART.  It's definitely a change to go from just having an online business, and occasionally doing a craft fair, to having a brick and mortar store to staff and care for.  In order for this blog post not to be long, boring, and emotionally scaring for you poor readers I have devised a simple, slightly humorous list of the pros and cons to having a Gallery/Store that I have observed thus far.

ANY QUESTIONS?   Expounding on my Pros/Cons List:
  • Yes, running a brick and mortar store will probably be good for your overall personal hygiene.
  • Yes, you may encounter a few people who are part of the general public that make you feel better about the state of your own metal health.
  • Yes, our store did get robbed recently of cash, merchandise, and snacks.
  • Yes, you read correctly, I said snacks...
  • Yes, paying bills and doing anything that in any way resembles grown-up responsibilities is indeed a GIANT BUZZ KILL.
  • Yes, you may encounter people who call you "honey."  Do not be fooled by their sugary sweet patronizing tone, this is not actually a term of endearment.  NOTE:  These people should always be treated with the respect, and may be graciously forgiven if they purchase anything in your shop over 10$.  LOL!!!!
DISCLAIMERThe views expressed in this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the owners of Maine Jewelry and Art.  All characters referred to in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.  LOL

Check out these designs AVAILABLE  in my Etsy shop too!
All in all, I'm having a good time living, learning, making new things, expanding my business locally and online.  Who knows where all of this hard work will lead to.  In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, cause I'm loving every minute of it...or nearly every minute, just don't call me honey.  LOL!!!!!!